Author Topic: Garden: puppy pen or fencing?  (Read 494 times)

Offline abkb

• Donator
Garden: puppy pen or fencing?
« on: October 12, 2011, 08:04:31 PM »
Hi all,

We have lots of bark, plants and shrubbery etc in our back garden, which Molly B makes a beeline for everytime we let her out for a wee.  If it was our own garden I would completely re-do it and get rid of the bark etc, however we rent so that's not possible!

Should I either:
-buy a puppy pen or
-fence off the area with wire fencing

I would go with the fencing but as it's quite a big area to fence off it's proving quite expensive.  But I don't want to buy a puppy pen only for her to grow out of it and then still eat the plants!  How long does the 'I'll eat everything in my path' last for?!  Any advice much appreciated!
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: Garden: puppy pen or fencing?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 08:20:52 PM »
How about that orange stuff that builders/workmen use?  :-\ :shades:
I don't know what its called but it looks like sturdy material with cut out square's  :shades:
Hopefully someone will know what i mean  :005:  & it must be a lot cheaper than fencing  ;)

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 10:49:36 PM »
How about something like this http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9426604&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C%7B9372012%7D/categories%3C%7B9372019%7D/categories%3C%7B9372069%7D/categories%3C%7B9572015%7D/specificationsProductType=wire_fencing&tmcampid=4&tmad=c&ecamp=cse_go&CAWELAID=266985191 and some canes and twine to keep it in place.

I used it to temporarily fence off part of my garden when mine were puppies. Since then it's been rolled up in the garage but comes out in the autumn to fence off the end of my garden when acorns drop off a neighbour's oak trees.

It's only half a metre high but that's enough to act as a deterrent for my 2 even though they could easily jump it.

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 04:06:43 PM »
Thanks both of you, have sent OH to all the DIY shops so he can put the fence up today on his day off  :005:
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013